Heritage Business School, Kolkata organized a Workshop on “Overcoming Negativity and Facilitating Skills at the Workplace” on August 21, 2015 at the Swami Vivekananda Auditorium, Heritage Campus, Kolkata. The program was inaugurated by Mr. H.K. Chaudhary, Chairman–Kalyan Bharti Trust, Mr. H.P. Budhia, Chairman-HBS, Prof. Michael Potter, Mr. Probir Roy, Execuitve Director-KBT, Mr. Pradip Agarwal, CEO-KBT and Prof. Malay Kumar Banerjee, Dean-HBS. The workshop was conducted by Prof. Michael A. Potter, MAP International U.K. Michael A. Potter is a Globalist, an International Management Development Consultant and Trainer, a Writer, Speaker and a Global HR Expert. He specializes in Business, People Management and Training in both the public and the private sectors across the globe. The workshop was structured in 3 sessions:
- Effective Communication Skills
- Effective Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
- Effective Workplace Relationship Skills
- A Panel Discussion followed post-lunch on the topic – “While Team Building and Soft Skills Reign the Roost, Facilitating Skills and Overcoming Negativity in the Workplace have become essential for an Effective Leader”. The esteemed panelists included experts in the functional area of Human Resources, and Senior Executives who today chart the course of HR for the Indian Industry:
- Mr Sujoy Banerjee, President – Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Mr P K Chatterjee, Joint President HR, Birla Corporation Limited
- Ms Shiuli Biswas , Associate Vice President- Human Resources, ABP Pvt ltd
- Mr George Thomas, Vice President, Corporate HR & Admin, MSP Group
- Mr Subrato Banerjee, General Manager – HR, Anmol Feeds Pvt Ltd
The Discussion was moderated by Dr. Madhurima Ganguly, Assistant Professor, Heritage Business School. The event was designed to benefit Executives in Industry, irrespective of their Functional Areas, Faculty of Management Institutions, Students of Management Institutions, and Management Consultants.
Faculty and students of Heritage Business School, IISWBM, Army Institute of Management, Institute of Management Studies, Globsyn Institute of Management, Heritage Institute of Technology, The Heritage Academy and Young Horizon School attended the Event. There were several Executives from Industry from organizations like Spencers Group, Vikram Group, Patton Group, Hi-Tech Group, Sarda Ply, Tech Mahindra also attended the Workshop and panel Discussion. In all 346 Delegates benefitted from the Event.